Monday, March 17, 2014

Rebellious.



-theThis is how stuff will work on this. I will first put a song for the day. When you read this you can simply skip past it or you can open your little youtube,soundcloud,spotify, or whatever app and listen to it, but be fair warned. They are usually thought provoking ballads from people you didn't know existed. So today's is....drum roll please.... Into The Wild // Lewis Watson

Then this is where I'll start with the whole juicy blog post. So here it goes....

My first blogpost on my new blog. How extravagantly exciting. You're probably wondering why on earth is this blog called "The Life of a Not-So Modern Day Hippie." Let me explain, my dear friend. The is an article of English grammar. Life is well, life. Your ups and downs, your embarresing (I have no clue how to spell that) misfortunes, and your Rocky Balboa moments. Of and are also small but crucial parts of the English language. Not-So. People consider me a hippie, but I consider that term absurd. Modern Day. We are living in the 21st century... So you know that makes me modern...and like, living. Hippie. Previously, I said that that term is degrading. I know. So why on earth would I put it in my blog title? I like that better than "hipster."  I AM MY OWN PERSON, PEOPLE. Labels such as those should be done by your own doing, not by someone else. And now, don't hippies like live on the road and go to concerts and wear tie dye? Well yes, but isn't the art of the hippie to do the opposite of what society says? Therefore, they are deemed "rebels". My goal, is to be a rebel. Society said to be size Zero and live in a mansion. Well, I can assure I am no size zero and I absolutely do not live in a mansion. Fight the stereotype. Be who you were meant to be, not what people tell you to be; because if you live your life under society's dictatorship, you won't know who you are when you need to. So yeah, that's pretty deep for a first blog huh? 

-the not-so modern day hippie 

No comments:

Post a Comment