(or as John Travolta would say "Adele Dazeem"... Like what on earth is that?)
Today I accomplished a goal. I never thought in a million years I would ever, ever do this. But, oh, today I did. And I did it with my best friend. We searched high and low, passing through 4 towns before I could finally reach its perfection. Oh, the road was brutal. So many sparkles, colors, ruffles, mirrors, and zippers. So much awkward tugging and asking random strangers for their opinions. I've been against it since it was announced. I've wanted to skip it to go play laser tag. How on earth do people expect me to ask someone to go with? but I did that too. So, I finally just let it go ;) and.....drumroll...found a prom dress. *cue over dramatic gasp*. Yes, I know, fine fellows, "Hippies don't go to Prom! They are all like 'anti-prom' and all that! Ewwww! You're a disgrace to your culture!" Precisely, my dear brethren. Hippies don't go to proms..... So therefore, now you've got it! I have to go! Plus, it's going to be a ton of fun!
I asked this super chill guy in my Photography class to go with me and he said yes! I'm totally stoked!
Anyway, I'm a pure ginger so you would think I would get a blue or green dress, and thats exactly what I shopped for All. Day. Long. But we went to this one store and found a neon orange/pinkish dress that I completely fell in love with, and whoop di doo. Plot twist! That's the one I'm getting..... Hold for the applause.........
All right... Crickets.
Anyway, so the title of this post is "The Law of The Princess". What I am simply trying to prove here is that every girl has a law that she must follow to enable herself be a princess on P R O M night. Did that make since to you? No? Go back and read like 3 more times and I'm sure it'll click (the witness aka me).
Law 1. If she doesn't feel beautiful in a dress, you can guarantee she won't be having a very good time.
---> I mean, if you don't love yourself and aren't comfortable in your own skin, how will you be able to let people see the real you? Don't be afraid of what they think! Be yourself. You are the most beautiful and spectacular that way. I mean look at me! I'm an open book, I've just got a few pages torn out.
Law 2. It's all about the hair.
---> I don't know if this goes for everybody but it sure does for me. If my hair doesn't look good, the world must be coming to an end. I'm such a perfectionist when it comes to hair-good grief. I'm sure it's a medical condition. Oh well. But I'm not saying it has to look good 100% of the time. Like for me, a majority of the time, I wear my hair natural to school. And if on a particular day its looking extra nappy, then I will fix it all up and such. I'm saying on a special event, like Prom, it better be looking like a field of luscious wheat... And I mean that in the best way possible. :)
Law 3. Be proud of your fella.
---> Your man gave up his time, effort, and probably money for you and Prom. Be proud and appreciative of him! I mean he could've said no; but he didn't. This night will be fun for him too, so enjoy it together!
---> add on: most likely, if you aren't dating the dude, he's probably going to want to hang out with other people besides you. So please... Don't get mad when he dances with someone else during a slow song! Chillax! I mean if he dances with everyone but you, them you got a problem. For real though, don't be arm and arm the whole time. Give each other room to breathe for Pete's sake!
Well, I think that about wraps up this post. I hope everyone is having a fantastic week like I am! Heyyyy, it's Spring Break; of course I'm living it up! Frozen came out on DVD yesterday and you betcha I got it! Well, really my sister got it, but you got the point! Hence, you see where I got the song of the day from? Hint hint wink wink. Anyway see ya!
-the not-so modern day hippie
No comments:
Post a Comment